August 11 is known as National 8-1-1 Day and provides a unique opportunity reach millions of stakeholders with 811 Call Before You Dig messaging.
Colorado 811 is partnering with other industry companies to reach millions of Major League Baseball (MLB) fans through premier ballpark signage and televised games throughout the nation. There are very few sporting events on August 11th with the magnitude to reach large audiences. The last MLB campaign reached more than 37 million spectators.
According to Common Ground Alliance research, 44% of those who plan to dig this year are baseball fans and will watch a televised game in 2019.
Messaging will rotate behind home plate for at least half an inning at each of the following games. In addition, there will be in-field digital signage during the pre-game.
Sunday, August 11th (all times are Central):
- Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres at 2:40 p.m.
- Houston Astros vs. Baltimore Orioles at 12:05 p.m.
- Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers at 12:10 p.m.
- Chicago Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds at 12:10 p.m.
- Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins at 1:10 p.m.
Whether you are watching your favorite team from the stadium or your comfy recliner, if you happen to spot 811, snap a pic and share here.