Heart disease is the No. 1 killer in the U.S. and physical inactivity doubles the risk. This is scary thought when you realize we spend most of our waking hours sitting behind desks at work.
But all is not lost! Our organization became a Fit-Friendly Worksite to help lower the risk of heart disease for our coworkers.
Colorado 811's Fit-Friendly worksite is recognized by the American Heart Association as an employer who goes above and beyond when it comes to our employee's health.
We will continue to provide ongoing educational and fitness programs and opportunities for our employees to create healthy and active lifestyles!
Colorado 811 Celebrates a Wellness Week Success!
The Staff at Colorado 811 participated in Wellness Week 2013 with several activities geared toward healthier lifestyles.
* RightFit Herbalife Shake Social
* United Healthcare Biometric Screenings
* RightFit personal numbers evaluation and dietary planning
* Chair massages
* UHC Care 24 dietary, healthy living and stress management seminars
* RightFit beginning level circuit training workout
* Prestige Fitness intermediate circuit training workout
* American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure fundraiser and cycling event