If you are new to membership, need assistance with an existing membership
or if you have a GIS related inquiry
Contact our Member Services and/or GIS Department
|Member Services Administrator||Member Services Liaison||Member Services/GIS Assistant|
|Carla Sanchez||Sandy Samuelson||Melany Wellensiek|
|(303) 205-6367||(303) 205-6305||(303) 205-6374|
Fee Schedule - Effective January 1, 2014
TIER ONE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FEE: $25.00
Tier One Members receive notices of requests to locate their underground system and are billed monthly for these notices, per the following schedule. Payment is due upon receipt of the invoice and considered past due after the 10th day of the month following the billing cycle. EXAMPLE: Billing for January is due by February 10th.
* Messages transmitted via computer to printer or fax: $1.53
* Identical messages transmitted to a second printer: $1.53
Membership Database Update Guidelines
Member database is the responsibility of the facility owner. All changes to the database must be submitted in writing, to include mail, fax or e-mail to notify Colorado811 Member Services of the requested change.
To better serve member needs, the following time line is recommended.
- Member contact information updates will be accomodated in a timely manner with the resources and personnel available at the time of the request .
- Database notification in tabular format should be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to the time that notification would be needed for the geographic area submitted. From the date Colorado811 receives the update request, a total of three (3) business days are needed to complete the requested update into the existing database. The member facility will be informed when the update is complete, either by telephone or e-mail. Upon request, a revised database notification report can be obtained from Member Services.
Database notification in digital format (i.e. Shape Files) should be submitted at least ten (10) business days prior to the time that notification would be needed for the geographic area submitted. From the date Colorado811 receives the database update request, a total of five (5) business days are needed to complete the requested update into the existing database. The member will be informed when the update is complete, via e-mail. It's the Members' responsibility to view the update on-line. It is necessary for the member to establish a editing/viewing account with the assistance of Colorado811 personnel. Contact Member Services personnel for more information. A database validation form will need to be completed with each database update request submitted.
- All digital data is processed through the Colorado811 GIS department. All requests for Shape Files of existing member facility notification database will require an e-mail sent to the GIS Department. Please allow ten (10) business days from the date of the request to complete this process.
Requirements for Importing ESRI Shape Files for Member Notification Area
This describes the required format of ESRI Shape files that can be imported into the Colorado 811 notification database.
The Shape file types supported are POINT, LINE and POLYGON. For POINT and LINE shape files, you must specify a buffer distance to apply to the file to create a polygon shape file. A buffer is a radius of a point and/or a line. Minimum buffer that can be applied to a point and line file is 250ft and the maximum is 1000ft.
Shape Files submitted should be packaged in a ZIP file and e-mailed, containing at least the following four (4) files:
(1) ESRI Shape (.SHP) File
(2) ESRI Shape (.SHX) Index File
(3) ESRI Shape (.DBF) Attributes File
(4) ESRI Shape (.PRJ) Coordinate System File
Along with the data please include the following information about the data.
(A) Sender Information - Who is supplying the shape file(s):
a. Name and contact information
(B) Member Code - The member code for which the notification areas will be applied to.
(C) Effective Date - The date at which the notification areas will become "effective". You may specify that the notification areas be effective immediately or at some date in the future.
(D) Expiration Date - The date at which the notification areas will expire. You may specify that the notification areas expire NEVER or at some specific date in the future.
(E) Counties Covered - Which counties are covered by the submitted shape file. This can be a list of one or more counties, or you can specify the entire state (i.e., any counties the shapes fall into.)
(F) Buffer Distance (in FEET) - If the shape file being submitted contains point or line features, they will be buffered and converted into polygons. You must specify the buffer distance in feet for these types of shape files. Shape files containing polygons are assumed to already include the necessary buffers.
IMPORTANT NOTES AND LIMITATIONS:
(1) When shape files are imported into the mapping database, they are automatically clipped to the county or counties they intersect.
(2) Polygons are limited to 4 square miles in area. Polygons that are larger than 4 square miles will be partitioned into smaller polygons that cover the same area.
(3) Polygons which are made up of more than 9 points will be simplified.
(4) There is a maximum density limit of 16 polygons per quarter minute grid.
HOLIDAYS – HOURS OF OPERATIONS
Colorado 811 (UNCC) is open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Mountain time, for normal business hours. All locate request types can be processed during this time. For emergency and damage requests only, UNCC is open 24-hours/day, 365 days/year. The holidays observed at UNCC are:
·New Year's Day
· Christmas Day
If the holiday is on a Saturday, the previous Friday is observed. If the holiday in on a Sunday, the following Monday is observed. UNCC recognizes all federal holiday closures when calculating the locate-by-dates for locate requests. Those holidays consist of the holidays listed above and the addition of Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Columbus Day and Veteran's Day.
Colorado 811 (UNCC) is a communications link between the facility owners and those requesting locate requests for excavation purposes and does not perform any type of locating services.