Colorado 811 is offering seasonal Damage Prevention Agent positions for our Contact Center.
– $13.00/hour (pay differential for fluent bilingual Spanish speaker)
– Flexible schedule options – Monday through Friday
– February 2017 into Fall of 2017
– 100% employer-provided health insurance (full-time employees only)
– Required skill-set: efficient phone and data entry, map reading and you must be a friendly person – only genuine friendly people should apply. Our callers deserve the highest level of customer service.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic, family-oriented team, please refer to: https://goo.gl/AlYSZr
Join the Weld County Damage Prevention Council for the annual Weld County Damage Prevention Breakfast on Feb. 15, 2017. Speakers will discuss the current state of safety culture and One-Call legislation. Participants and presenters include DJ Basin Safety Council, MJS Safety and Colorado 811.
Please RSVP to Don Marshall at (303) 981-9416 or [email protected] by February 1, 2017.
Join Colorado 811 to celebrate the holiday season and enjoy J.D. Maniscalco’s famous lasagna on Friday, December 16th from 11am to 1pm at Colorado 811.
Please RSVP to Jennifer Wilson by Dec. 9th at (303) 205-6304 or [email protected].
Colorado 811 will be closed Thursday, November 24th, 2016 for Thanksgiving Day. This means the Contact Center will only process Damage and Emergency Requests on the 24th. Normal Locate Requests called in on Tuesday, November 22nd will be due on Friday, November 25th at 11:59pm. Normal Locate Requests called in on Wednesday, November 23rd will be due on Monday, November 28th at 11:59 pm. For any questions or concerns regarding holiday closures, please contact our front desk at (303) 232-1991.
Reminder to Colorado 811 Members:
- Mark by (Locate By) dates are NOT scheduled on any Federal Holiday
- The phone number for Colorado 811 to call during holiday closures should be the same as your after hours number
- If your organization is a non-participant in after hours notification, you WILL NOT be notified on holidays
Please join Colorado 811 in Celebrating Sandy Samuelson’s Retirement
On Thursday, Nov. 17th, 2016 in Golden, CO
Day Celebration: 10am – 4pm at the Colorado 811 Office
located at 16361 Table Mountain Pkwy, Golden, CO 80403
(please note we will be recognizing the highlights of Sandy’s career from Noon to 1pm)
Evening Party: 4pm – 6pm at New Terrain Brewery
located at 16401 Table Mountain Pkwy, Golden, CO 80403
Join Colorado 811 and industry stakeholders to celebrate Sandy Samuelson’s retirement of 26 years from Colorado 811. Enjoy complimentary appetizers, cake, coffee and tea during the day celebration. Complimentary beverages will be provided at New Terrain Brewery
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
– Colin Powell
Please RSVP to Jennifer Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 205-6304 by Friday, Nov. 11th. Please indicate if you will be attending the day or evening party.
Get Involved in the 2017 811 Run – August 12, 2017
Planning for the 2017 811 Run will begin next month, if you want to be involved as a runner/walker, volunteer or sponsor please email Whitney Cregger at [email protected]. Watch the 2016 811 Run video here. The 2017 811 Run will be held on Saturday, August 12, 2017.
- Hours of Operation
- Required Information for
Requesting a Locate
- Normal Request
- Non-Compliance Request
- Cancel Request
- Second Notice Request
- Relocate/Refresh Request
- Emergency Request Page
- Damage Request Page
- Engineering Request
The facility owner or their contract locator will mark the ground with either flags or paint. The colors below are industry standard and each color identifies a specific type of utility.
- Determining whom and when to call prior to excavation
- Types of locate requests processed by colorado 811
- Guidelines for preparing to call prior to excavation
- What happens after the call is made
- Responsibilities of the facility owner(s)/operator(s)
(after receiving the locate request)
- Responsibilities of the excavator
(after making the call for a locate request)
- Reporting problems
- One-call legislation
- Other applicable laws and regulation
- Recognizing and responding to emergencies involving
- Damaged facilities