The new One Call Legislation requires an Underground Damage Prevention Safety Commission (Safety Commission) to support and enhance damage prevention. The Safety Commission will provide the following:
- Making recommendations regarding:
- Best practices and training
- Policies to enhance public safety
- Policies to improve efficiency and cost savings to the 811 program
- Reviewing complaints of alleged violations and ordering appropriate remedial action/penalties
To learn more about the Safety Commission visit their website.