July is a great month to celebrate friendships and family outside, enjoying the great weather – here are some tips:
- Over the 4th of July, watch the parades and the fireworks – all towns and cities celebrate Independence Day with parades and fireworks, so going out to see the events or to join in on the fun is a great way to spend the day outdoors. The fireworks is a must, just make sure you arrive early to be able to find a good seat;
- Go for a run – if you are athletic or you are in a good shape, you can participate in an organized run. Most events can be joined for a small fee and the proceeds are donated to charities, such as supporting army veterans;
- Organize a picnic with friends or family – even the greatest weather is more enjoyable in the company of your loved ones and with great food, so pack a large picnic basket and invite everyone to a great place around town where the view is beautiful and there are some shady trees as well;
- Host an outdoor party – decorate your yard with patriotic colors and ornaments that feature the national flag and host a potluck party, with your guests bringing some patriotic dishes to the party.
July is also a good month to work on landscape and garden projects. Remember to always use call before you dig Denver service experts before digging to ensure your safety. By identifying underground cables etc, you will also ensure that public services cables and wiring are left undisturbed
Colorado is known for its harsh climate that can be endured only by the hardiest of plants. To avoid plant damage and loss, local gardeners need to bear in mind the needs of the plants chosen for their gardens – while there are numerous species that are attractive and sufficiently resistant to thrive among unfavorable Colorado climate conditions, others need to be avoided altogether. Here is a short list of plants that are generally considered to be hardy, but are not suitable for the Centennial State:
- Rhododendrons – many beginner gardeners try their hand at these hardy mountains flowers, unfortunately without much success. The reason why these plants don’t like Colorado climate is intense sunshine in winter, the calcareous soil, the strong winds that dry the soil quickly and the wild temperature fluctuations;
- Pin oak and maple oak – these plants have high iron demands and the calcareous soil of Colorado ties up iron in a way that makes the mineral unavailable for the trees;
- Willow and elm – these trees are very sensitive to the snow that often comes unexpectedly in spring, when the trees are already in bloom. Snow is heavy and it damages the delicate leaves and branches of these species, wounding them and making them susceptible to disease.
Please be reminded that you should reach out to quality Colorado Springs utilities locations services to schedule them to locate buried underground pipes, cables, and wires. This will ensure the safety of those doing the digging, as well as keep electrical and plumbing services uninterrupted.
Throwing a backyard party is among the most traditional ways to celebrate any summer special occasion – if you are planning to give your first party of the kind this year and you think you can do with some good tips, here are our top suggestions:
- Take your time to prepare the grocery list – there is nothing worse than having to return to the store several times because you have forgotten important ingredients or they were not even included on your shopping list. Don’t hurry when you put together the shopping list – it can take several days to include everything, but be patient with yourself;
- Use festive decorations – don’t forget the meaning of the event, either, so get a few decorative pillows, table decorations, plates and glasses that feature the nature of the celebration.
- Prepare a playlist, set up and test the equipment used for playing your list – finding out that your amplifiers don’t work right before the guests arrive is something that you should avoid, so test the entertainment equipment the day before the party to have time to remedy any fault;
- Involve your guests, too – ask them to bring a light snack or a bottle of wine to make the entire party more intimate.
If you decide to do any kind of landscaping before the big event, use Colorado Springs call before you dig a garden services to make sure that buried cables, wires, and pipes are intact during the process.
Small-scale lawn renewal, such as the replacement of the turf in a small area can be efficiently handled with a shovel and a barrow and it is also a great form of outdoor exercise, but larger landscaping projects are best done with the help of an excavator maneuvered by an experienced operator. Here are some types of projects that can be efficiently handled by excavators:
- The installation of a new sprinkler system – modern excavation technologies can dig very narrow and very accurate trenches without causing extensive damage to the around the job site, so using an excavator is the best way to minimize disruption and turf loss;
- Replacing your entire lawn – excavators can gently scrape off the old lawn, leaving the area clean for the preparations that need to get done before the new lawn arrives;
- Landscaping done on unmapped land – the latest excavation technologies are suitable for excavation in areas with lots of hidden utility pipes and cables that you don’t want to dig into. These methods are much safer to use than manual digging;
- Grading – the process involves large-scale digging in order to direct water flows away from your building and to create even surface to ensure proper flow through your lawn.
Remember that all excavation projects require call before you dig Fort Collins lawn excavation services from Colorado811. These services ensure the safety of all, and that buried cables, pipes, and wires remain undisturbed.
Container gardening has become quite popular in recent years. This practice has its roots in a common problem that gardening enthusiasts all around the world might have: the lack of space. If you own a small home or an apartment, and you don’t have enough room for a proper garden, you can try container gardening with a great degree of success – regardless of whether you’re planting edible or non-edible plants.
Without exaggerating, it can be said that container gardening might be the next practical solution to solve all your gardening problems. Instead of a garden, it involves planting vegetables or herbs in various types of containers. These can include anything from a small tin can to hanging baskets or barrels.
The containers used for this purpose are usually light and quite portable. The purpose is to make sure you can plant just about anywhere, store your plants with ease, and transport them to a new location when you need to.
You don’t necessarily have to practice container gardening in an urban setting. Even if you live in the countryside, and you already have a beautiful, thriving garden, you can still try out the practice to reduce soil-borne diseases, increase your crop yield, or make sure that rare and fragile plant in need of special soil will survive.
Should you decide to prepare container gardens, as well as in ground gardens, remember that it will be necessary to call experienced utility location services to ensure that you are digging safely without disrupting buried wire or cable services.
Planning a summer vacation in Colorado? Even though it might seem like there are other locations you can have more fun with – such as the pristine beaches on the West Coast or large cities like New York and Chicago – Colorado has its own charm and a natural beauty that surpasses most of what you will find within the boundaries of the United States.
But what are the main places you should think about visiting in Colorado this summer? Let’s find out:
- Steamboat Springs is well-known among regular visitors who organize their winter holidays in Colorado. But did you know that the place is a pristine paradise during the summer? Endless fields of colorful flowers and the clean mountain air await you as you enjoy anything from the local hiking trails to the inviting premises of a genuine Wild West town.
- Ouray is a place like no other. Nicknamed the “Switzerland of America” it definitely has a certain “Alpine” feel to it. Here you can go from hiking to photography every day and never get tired. But what really makes Ouray special for the intellectual visitor is the town’s rich history of gold and silver prospecting.
- You simply can’t go through Colorado in June without getting to Durango. Among its other special vistas, as well as opportunities for kayaking, hiking and biking, Durango also boasts the famous Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad, a historic narrow gauge steam train ride with absolutely scenic views that will give you an truly unforgettable experience.
Colorado 811 wishes you safe travels, fun adventures, and incredible experiences as you visit our beautiful state of Colorado!
Utility location involves services that are designed to help you find out what types of utility lines run below grown, in key locations that you’d like to use for specific projects. You might have heard of tree specialists being called to ascertain the location of tree roots before a major construction project. Well, this is pretty much the same, except Colorado utility locate technicians look for things like fiber optics lines, water mains or wastewater pipes.
If you’re thinking of taking care of certain residential or commercial construction projects, you might have to call a utility location service, if the work you do will involve digging in your front yard or on the grounds of your commercial property. This goes the same for landscaping projects, many of which would require, for example, the relocation or removal of trees, rose bushes and even entire gardens.
Another project that will require you to call utility location companies is any repair work you might need to do to the foundation of your home or your basement. Contractors will typically ask you to call 811 and ask for a team of utility location experts to come over, before you ask them to do any kinds of modifications that would involve digging below your real estate property.
Colorado offers many unique opportunities when it comes to the places you can visit here with your dear ol’ dad. When it comes to Colorado’s main attractions, you’ll find that many of them are absolutely ideal for father’s day celebrations, and that they will not let you down when you want to have a truly exciting adventure:
- Look for natural areas, such as parks and natural sanctuaries to visit. Colorado has plenty of hiking trails, mountain towns and mountain resorts that you and your dad are going to love. Moreover, the history of some of these places is remarkable. You’ll find plenty of tales of the Gold Rush and many more about the Wild West.
- Denver offers many opportunities to celebrate Father’s Day in style. Aside from the many places that celebrate Father’s Day downtown in some form or another, you can also get a historic walking tour of a particular district in Denver, or visit popular locations like the Butterfly Pavilion and the Firefighter’s Museum.
- Make your Colorado Father’s Day vacation memorable with a trip to Colorado Springs. Aside from Denver, this is one of the largest and most important cities in Colorado, and it has many places of interest, such as the Western Museum of Mining & Industry, Meadow’s Park, Pikes Peak and The Broadmoor.
- Plant a tree in your dad’s honor! Have him choose his favorite, and as a family plant, and celebrate with a picnic dinner. Ensure that you employ the services of a utility locate Colorado call before you dig company so that underground wires and cables remain intact, and all those digging are safe from electrical shock caused by cut wires.
Colorado weather is harsh on plants – it can change from fair to severe in a matter of minutes, it is hot in summer and very cold in winter, so only the hardiest trees can survive these hardships and thrive. If you are currently thinking of adding a few new trees to your garden and you want to choose varieties that can endure even the harshest weather and are also attractive, here are a few trees that love the state’s climate:
- Tatarian maple – this hardy little ornamental tree thrives well in any environment and it adds a spot of color and of beauty to your Colorado garden;
- Russian hawthorn – this variety grows to the size of a large shrub and it delights you with its interesting, twisted branches, its elegant leaves that turn orange and red in fall and its tiny, bright red berries that resist long after the first snow;
- Kentucky coffee tree – an attractive and hardy species that requires very little water and attention, yet thrives well in cold areas as well;
- Lilac – the color of the flowers yielded by this variety range from white, blue and powder pink to pale and not so pale violet and the tree resists well in hot and cold periods as well.
Please remember, prior to digging holes for planting trees, you must call before you dig Denver utility professionals to make sure buried cables and wires remain undisturbed.
Utility location experts provide utility and site mapping services that are essential whenever a remodeling or construction project involves excavation. While the maps that record underground utilities in a specific area are available for the public, the safest way to locate buried utilities is by means of on-site inspections performed by professionals.
The inspections performed by a utility locator company will involve the analysis of visible features that indicate the presence of utilities, such as trenches, valves, hydrants and manholes as well as the use of special devices that can identify buried pipes and lines that do not appear on maps.
The technologies used for locating underground utilities include ground penetrating radars, electronic utility locators and aerial photography – methods that can be relied on create a detailed and complete image of what lies beneath without digging. The underground utilities identified during the process will be visibly marked to inform the machine operators who maneuver the excavators and other power-tools on the job site about the areas to avoid.
Hiring a damage protection underground cable locator company before starting any kind of construction project is a small investment into project security and something that you must definitely do to make sure your excavation project is completed in a safe and timely manner.